A Travel and Tour Weekend

 Last weekend was a blast for me. I had such a memorable time travelling and touring the Volta Region of Ghana. 


I had the pleasure of seeing two waterfalls (Wli and Ote) and climbing two high mountains (Gemi and Afadajato). 


My thighs hurt from the climb but it is worth every bit of the experience. 


Would I do it again if given the chance? Maybe! 


The highlight of my adventure was the chance to do this with a 6-year-old. 


Nana came on the trip in the company of his mother. He was very active and enthusiastic in each task. I recall seeing him walk past most of the elders during the climb. 


He climbed both Afadjato and Gemi with so much ease and dexterity. 


Unlike older climbers who were visibly worn out and at different points in time gasped for air, this young chap maintained focus and fortitude till he got to the top. 


It wasn't much of a wonder to me when I heard some of the older climbers saying, they were encouraged to continue when they saw him making the climb. 


He demonstrated admirable courage, consistency, endurance and perseverance. 


Is there a mountain you aspire to climb? 


Be like young Nana....employ a can-do attitude, focus and fortitude and make it happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GHOSTWRITER FOR HIRE

From a Heartbreak to a Heartwarming Author