A Visit to The Giraffe Centre In Nairobi



The Giraffe Centre in Nairobi is a great place to visit when in Kenya. 

On my visit, I had the pleasure of feeding a giraffe. 

Many other people from different countries came in buses to see and feed giraffes.

Inside the premises of the centre is a Giraffe Manna, a hotel for hosting visitors. The windows of the hotel is designed such that the giraffes can peep through and be fed by the guests.

This and the feeding they receive from regular visistors, and staff surely explains why they look very well fed. 



I am told it costs about a 1000 USD to lodge there for a night. And guess what? It is usually booked to full on most days. 

I must admit that I was impressed to know that a centre with mostly giraffes could create so much commercial value. 

Given the many parks I saw moving around the city, I now understand why Kenya is a desired safari destination for tourists. 

All in all, it was a thrilling experience feeding these long-necked creatures.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RESIDENCY DIARIES 9- Is School A Scam?

GAMELIAN GEMS 9B

IF YOU CAN READ THIS,GO FIND YOUR TEACHER AND SAY THANK YOU!