IN RESIDENCY- The Arrival

 RESIDENCY DIARIES-1 


On the 19th of March, 2022, I arrived in Nigeria for the Ebedi International Writers Residency in Iseyin, Oyo State. 


On a couple of occasions, I chanced on Writing Residency opportunities online and thought to myself, I should apply for one of these rare opportunities someday. 


Each of these programs promised good packages which include free accommodation in a conducive environment, a weekly stipend, transportation and excursion opportunities plus networking with other writers amongst others. And I relished the chance to jump on one. 


So, it came as a piece of welcome news when my good friend, Dr Ruby Goka (Author/Dentist) mentioned she wanted to nominate me for this particular residency. 


It was timely because I had been thinking of a getaway such as this since January. I yearned to be by myself, turn off from the outer world and tune in to my inner world to focus and work on finishing some writing projects. 


And so without hesitation, I answered in the affirmative, put in my formal application after the nomination and got selected for the March -April edition of the program. 


It's been one week of mixed feelings and experiences inside the four walls of this beautiful building where writers from different countries of the African continent are housed to create beautiful pieces of literary works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GHOSTWRITER FOR HIRE

From a Heartbreak to a Heartwarming Author